MT ( HEAVY) SHOP, Vertical lathe machine, Center lathe machine, Horizontal boring machine, Jig boring machine, Mechanical planer
In BITAC heavy machine shop we find some machine. There are-
1.Vertical lathe machine
2. Center lathe machine
3. Horizontal boring machine
4. Jig boring machine
5. Mechanical planer ( KANEKO PLANER )
Figure: Vertical lathe machine 1
1)Vertical lathe machine: The vertical lathe is one of the most important machines in any workshop. It is called so as the axis of the lathe chuck is vertical. Here job move clockwise. It is possible to this machine that all the lathe operation except thread cutting. The vertical lathe is very heavy and it is operate very heavy job which is impossible to operate by the Center lathe machine. In a turret many cutting tools can be attached at a time. Boring operation also possible by this machine. Square or hexagonal job can not be machined.
Figure: Vertical lathe machine2
Main parts of a vertical lathe machine :
1. Bed & Body
3. Carriage : – horizontal , vertical
5. Lead screw
6. Feed rod
7. switch or control board
9. Operations : Tuning, Facing, Knurling, Taper turning, Boring.
2) Center lathe machine : The center lathe machine used to turn and cut metal. There mechanism is same but there speed is different. All of the center lathe is gear attachment. There are four lathe attachment-
1. The help of compound rest
2. The help of tail stock offset
3. The help of taper attachment
4. The help of tool forming
When mm thread is cutting than tool form by 55 degree angle, When inch thread is cutting than tool form by 60 degree angle, When square thread is cutting than tool form by 90 degree angle.
Figure: Center lathe machine
Principal parts of a lathe machine :
5) Feed & Thread-cutting mechanism
6) Tool post
7) Live centre
8) Dead centre
Operations : Facing, Knurling, Taper turning, Straight tuning, Internal thread cutting, External thread cutting, Parting, Necking.
Some lathe attachment :
2. Relieving or backing- off attachment
3) Horizontal boring machine: Machine consists of high weight capacity. Its main mechanism is boring but it also can drill and internal thread. In this machine it is possible to cutting taper by tool form. Here two type of bed (1) Longitudinal bed which length 1200 mm, (2) Cross bed which length 800 mm. Here table move 0-360 degree angle. Here feed is given tool and job. Here two horizontal boring machine is situated.
Capacity :- Maximum 11 inch and minimum 3mm diameter bore.
Main parts :
(4) Face plate
(5) Tail stock
(6) Head stock
Operation :- Boring, Facing, Drilling, Gear cutting (large spur gear, bevel gear & worm gear).
Product :- Gear & Gear box, Pump, Engine head, T pipe, Elbow pipe, Square block
4) Jig boring machine : In jig boring machine table moving only 90 degree angle. It can cut internal thread. Maximum boring diameter is 1 ft. Cleaning the machine don’t use compressed air.
Main parts :
4. Spindle head
Operation :- Boring, Facing, Drilling, Reaming.
5) Mechanical planer (KANEKOPLANER):
Planer is a large machine that is designed for producing flat surfaces on a piece of work. A planer is designed with a stationary housing for holding tool heads and a table with a reciprocating movement for holding the work, thus the work is moved against the cutting tool. A shaper differs from a planer in that the work is held stationary and the cutting tool is moved across the work. The planer is a large machine design to do jobs that would be too large too awkward for a shaper. Here feed is given in cutting tool. It’s main power come from belt. A planer cutting only one way.
Operation : Slot cutting, gear pinion- angle preparing, grinding and parting